OTS Autumn Newsletter 2019
As a trainee, you are entitled to feel uncertain about the options and difficulties in finding a placement that will support you as an individual. At its core, OTS believes that all of us, experienced and trainees alike need a community, support and to be treated as an individual in our own journey through the profession. This approach is what you will find in getting to know us!
OTS run a low-cost counselling and psychotherapy service for the benefit of clients (mainly adults at this point) who are seeking therapy, but cannot afford the full fees. We are therefore offering placement opportunities for trainees and newly qualified practitioners.
What we offer you:
1. Free fortnightly group supervision & professional development groups.
2. The opportunity to be paid for your work whilst you train (subject to your training organisation’s guidelines), with clients in long-term and short-term work.
3. A diverse and vibrant multi-modal community of practitioners providing opportunities for your further development with regular meetings, CPD training days and social events.
4. The opportunity to be involved in OTS with the aims of making therapy more accessible through groups, free talks and workshops, and our low-cost service.
5. We will refer clients to you who are suitable for your level of skill and ability.
6. OTS has two centres OTS-Witney Therapy Centre and OTS-Oxford Therapy Centre. Many of our members see clients at our centres, and also in other venues across Oxfordshire.
7. In applying to join OTS, there is more available to you than just a placement. You have the opportunity to join (initially as a student member) and be supported by a community of practitioners, through your training and as you move into professional practice.
8. As a student member of OTS, you are eligible to attend our monthly meetings, our training days and social activities as well as being able to access personal and professional development groups to enhance your practice.
OTS is committed to excellence, reflective practice, transparency and evaluation. To find out more about the aims and values of the OTS community, we invite you to look at:
Joining the OTS Community
What Our Members Say About Us
And have a read of the article which launched OTS 3 years ago:
Towards a Broader Therapeutic Response Environment
If you are interested in a placement with OTS, please contact the OTS Placement Coordinator - Annalisa Caldon by email here
Or you can fill in an initial application form: